The Purchasing Assistant is primarily responsible for ensuring that purchase orders (POs) are processed and acknowledged by the vendors in a timely manner. This includes: placing purchase orders; following up with vendors; prioritizing follow-up and troubleshooting on back orders and potential stockouts; investigating and resolving receiving discrepancies and non-conforming material receipts with vendors and communicating to others affected; and proactively providing purchase receipts, invoices and credit memos to our accounting department to ensure efficient and timely accounts payable.
- Confirm all purchase orders (PO’s) in ERP system for quantities, pricing and delivery dates
- Update system with accurate delivery dates
- Follow up on late PO’s and push for updated delivery information
- Identify inventory shortages and stock positions to help achieve/maintain fill rates
- Expedite late material with heavy focus on back orders and low stock positions
- Work with team to relay information regarding supplier production delays, delivery delays etc.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships through constant communication
- Update costs within the system
- Create and update purchase orders and returns, as requested
- Handle shipping and PO variances with respective warehouses
- Coordinate Supplier returns for damages, Non-Conformance and shipping errors
- Request Quotes as directed by Category Manager or Buyer(s)
- Knowledge of Purchasing procedures and processes
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement, multi-task and prioritize
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent MS Office, Outlook, Work, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of MRP systems
Apply for this position
Tell us about yourself and upload your resume to apply for this position. Thank you for your interest in joining team HOLT!