Responsible for marketing, promoting and profitably selling products and services to existing and potential customers.
- Makes personal sales calls at customer sites on a regular basis.
- Seeks out prospective customers/business opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Establishes and maintains customer relationships in order to grow profitable sales.
- Stay current on existing and emerging product and technologies.
- Introduces and demonstrates new products to assigned accounts.
- Follows-up on all generated quotations to assure that the customer is being serviced and to document the outcome of the proposed solution.
- Generate profitable sales orders.
- Reports competitive conditions and feedback from customers to management.
- Maintains ethical, cooperative manufacturer relationships consistent with company image and company/branch goals in the marketplace.
- Cooperates with qualified suppliers to secure mutual business through joint calls.
- Attends product training classes to develop superior product knowledge to handle customer applications.
- Develops an effective and productive working relationship with Inside Sales Associates, Counter Sales Associates and support personnel; encourages and assists in their training and development when possible.
- Executes sales efforts in an ethical and professional manner, assuring a favorable impression of self and the company.
- Maintains a professional/working image in self and work environment including vehicle.
- Completes sales call and expense reports on a timely basis in accordance with company policy.
- Fulfills customer needs for current literature, catalogs, product pricing, etc.
- Assists customers with problem solving, takeoffs, project layout/design and in pricing bills of material and project management.
- Develop and maintain a sales forecast to help analyze market conditions and/or changes in assigned territory for maximum productivity and sales growth.
- Implement a sales plan to support sales and profitability goals.
- Coordinates customer returns and completes proper documentation on a timely basis.
- NAED Education and Development Council
- Training Standards
- Outside Sales Page 2 2010
- Informs customers of all relevant company policies/procedures and initiatives.
- Reporting customer comments to management.
- Routinely communicates schedule to local branch contact.
- Performs other duties as instructed or required to successfully complete the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales or closely related field with three (3) years of relevant sales and industry experience; or equivalent combined education and on the job experience.
- Commitment to and demonstration of high ethical standards governing professional behavior and interactions.
- Proven proficiency in the use of a personal computer accompanied by a strong aptitude for technical applications.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Developed knowledge of the industry within a given market.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats, including sales presentations, demonstrated capability to develop strong interpersonal working relationships and work in a team environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- A valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record.
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, etc.
Physical Ability Requirements:
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to visit and move around at construction and other work sites, including the ability to maneuver in tight or small places.
- Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that frequently weigh up to 25 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 25 lbs.
Apply for this position
Tell us about yourself and upload your resume to apply for this position. Thank you for your interest in joining team HOLT!