Are you a methodical, team-oriented problem solver? Do you enjoy following instructions and producing polished work? Does a routine workday help you stay focused? Do you prefer working in an uninterrupted, harmonious environment? Are you known for making sure tasks are finished to perfection?"
If these statements describe you, we invite you to apply to the Operations Manager position!
HOLT Electrical Supply is a full-line electrical distributor with 7 locations in the St. Louis metro area and beyond. We’re a family-owned company focused on helping our community and our employees grow.
As an Operations Manager, you are responsible for total branch performance in accordance with company policy and procedures. In this role you will create and execute the branch business plan, ensure store profitability and manage and develop branch personnel. You will plan, implement, and manage areas of responsibility to facilitate continuous improvement and personal growth while supporting company goals, missions, and vision. Lastly, the Operations Manager will provide sound leadership for the branch.
- Work with other team members, consultants, key customers, and key suppliers to solve specific challenges and leverage growth opportunities.
- Stay abreast of competing markets, development, building, etc. in the community and surrounding areas. Contact contractors/developers etc. in pursuit of business.
- Maintain contact and friendly relationships with customers and suppliers, building a favorable company image. Resolve problems and complaints as they arise.
- Direct and coordinate counter and outside sales (if applicable) efforts.
- Assist in account development. Direct sales program to develop new markets.
- Make joint calls with salesmen as needed.
- Coordinate counter maintenance, merchandising and promotional activity.
- Set branch pricing and direct quotation activities (if applicable).
- Keep computer price matrix current.
- Manages freight expense, customer discounts, and pricing to maintain profit levels.
- Successfully resolve customer issues timely and professionally.
- Maintain positive attitude towards customers and associates by being friendly and courteous.
- Provide customer assistance as needed. This will include over the counter, over the phone, etc.
- Continuously update product knowledge.
- Stay informed and educated as to product inventory and applicability.
- Understand product applications and help customers in their selections.
- Direct warehouse operations. Maintain necessary inventory levels, order materials, route deliveries and pickups.
- Review daily reports, taking appropriate action as needed.
- Maintain branch security, opening and closing of branch, oversee cash deposit activity.
- Attend periodic branch manager’s meetings.
- Complete and submit in a timely manner all necessary paperwork regarding personnel, accounting, accounts payable, etc.
- Manages workflow to assist staff in balancing priorities, providing backup support if needed and otherwise ensuring that all work is accomplished with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Be willing, able, and capable of performing any branch job function as needed.
- NAED Education and Development Council Training Standards
- Coordinate annual inventory and manage branch inventory status Including but not limited to: cycle counts; demand; trends; min/max calculations and approve RMA’s.
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies and adjustments.
- Negotiate pricing and issues with vendors in conjunction with purchasing and sales management
- Helps plan/maintain facility layout to promote safety, security, and productivity while leveraging available space.
- Ensures facility is maintained in a neat and professional manner.
- Solicit feedback from subordinates, peers, and other team members with the goal of personal or operational improvement.
- Annual update and coordination of Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Responsible for the cost-effective requisition supplies of needed equipment, supplies, and outsourced services with acceptable suppliers.
- Develop sales and expense budget for the branch operations
- Analyze and evaluation of activities, costs, operations, budgets and forecast data to determine branch progress towards stated goals and objectives. (or to maintain a competitive edge in the marketplace)
- Direct accounts receivable activities for branch.
- Ensure collection calls are made and outstanding debt is collected.
- Check credit, open new accounts.
- Work with Credit Manager as needed.
- Assign and directs all work performed in the branch and supervises all areas of operation in accordance with established company policies/procedures, objectives and applicable laws.
- Through management decisions, communication and behavior, creates a culture and a team that works together to meet customer needs and achieve desired results.
- Anticipates staffing requirements to meet operational needs.
- Participate in the recruiting and interviewing process of new employees.
- Oversee training as well as identify and foster development opportunities for all branch personnel as required or needed.
- Periodically evaluates the performance of branch personnel, develop goals and
- Provide both formal and informal feedback on a regular basis.
- Become familiar with associate handbook. Ensure policies and procedures are communicated and followed.
- Ensures the safety of all employees, seeing that safety rules are followed, hazardous conditions are corrected, and equipment and vehicles are properly maintained.
- Ensures all associates receive appropriate/required safety training for forklifts, wire-cutting machines, etc. and appropriate/required vehicle/equipment inspections are completed regularly.
- Promote an environment of empowerment, respect, and trust while holding team members accountable for their actions.
Apply for this position
Tell us about yourself and upload your resume to apply for this position. Thank you for your interest in joining team HOLT!