Are you a methodical, team-oriented problem solver? Do you enjoy following instructions and producing polished work? Does a routine workday help you stay focused? Do you prefer working in an uninterrupted, harmonious environment? Are you known for making sure tasks are finished to perfection? If these statements describe you, we invite you to apply to the Driver position!
HOLT Electrical Supply is a full-line electrical distributor with 7 locations in the St. Louis metro area and beyond. We’re a family-owned company focused on helping our community and our employees grow.
As a Driver, you will deliver merchandise using professionalism and great communication, while exercising safety and time management. Under general supervision and in accordance with established procedures, the Driver is expected to have a professional appearance and an ability to multi-task.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise to be delivered is pulled from inventory and packaged in the delivery truck properly for shipment.
- Daily verify delivery route and various stops with management.
- Deliver merchandise to customers using route based on efficient use of time, gasoline, and customer priority.
- Assist in unloading truck at each stop on route. (Transfer route will be unloading and loading by yourself.)
- Locking and unlocking the doors of Holt locations and arming and dis-arming alarms.
- Verify that merchandise being unloaded is correct and accounted for via shipping documents.
- Perform daily detailed inspection of truck to ensure general maintenance and safety of vehicle. Notifies supervisor of all problems.
- Deliver truck for maintenance such as oil change, lube job, tire repair and waits for vehicle if requested by warehouse manager.
- Clean vehicle’s interior at least once a month.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of error reports for over/under customer shipments.
- Turn in fuel receipts.
- Maintain a daily fuel and oil use log using prescribed forms and procedures.
- Verify strict adherence to company and governmental safety policies related to licensing and operation of vehicles.
- Assist in warehouse duties on an as-needed basis.
- Basic reasoning skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills: oral and written.
- Ability to understand and execute instructions.
- Ability to manage time and work independently as well as a team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to drive a 28’ truck.
- Valid Class E driver’s license with approved motor vehicle report (CDL not required)
- Ability to move/lift up to 75 lbs. unassisted.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Apply for this position
Tell us about yourself and upload your resume to apply for this position. Thank you for your interest in joining team HOLT!