Inventory / Receiving Associate
Material Handling and administrative position responsible for inventory management. Tasks will include receiving, cycle counting, and identifying root cause of inventory variances. Excellent communication and problem solving skills required to reconcile discrepancies in inventories and notifies supervisor of irregularities. Attention to detail with data entry accuracy required. Knowledgeable of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within a distribution company. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Work requires initiative and judgment in making decisions and knowledge of the business and its products. Performing other duties as directed or assigned.
Essential Functions in accordance with Company policy and procedure:
- Receive and document inbound deliveries
- Unloads trucks and receives goods; re-stocks items as necessary; labels shelves
- Identify any missing, lost or damaged materials and immediately notify purchasing
- Receive shipments and signing paperwork upon receipt
- Maintains stock locations, performs physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports.
- Receives, unpacks, and delivers goods; re-stocks items as necessary; labels shelves.
- Processes and documents returns as required following established procedures.
- Performs routine clerical duties, including data entry, answering telephones, and assisting customers.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Previous wholesale supply industry experience, in a wholesale electrical environment preferred.
Excellent communication skills, oral and written; Diplomatic and tactful demeanor with internal and external customers. Exceptional customer service skills are a must.
- Ability to speak professionally with poise, voice control, and confidence, using correct English and well‑modulated voice;
- Able to multi-task;
- Basic numerical reasoning abilities
- High School diploma/GED required
- Two+ years experience in an office setting, preferably in an accounting environment with material handling experience
- Working knowledge of distribution business systems, Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat required, as well as other general office equipment. Familiarity with Solar Eclipse or other automated business operating systems preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and with the guidance of management
- Ability to manage time, adhere to timelines for specific returns to specific vendors for obtaining credits
- work independently as well as a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Repetitive standing, frequent lifting, walking, bending, sitting, reaching, pushing, grasping, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, climbing, reaching above, pushing/pulling, talking, and active listening.
- Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job
- Clarity of vision at the requirements of the department of motor vehicles in your state of operation, the standard minimum acuity of 20/40 in either or both eyes, if you wear glasses or contacts you must wear them. The standard minimum peripheral vision is 55 degrees in each eye or 85 degrees in one.
- Typical Office and Warehouse locations & conditions, occasional travel climates.
- 1 to 2 years clerical/administrative support and warehouse experience , prior experience preferred
- High School diploma or GED, with previous administrative and warehouse experience
Skills and Abilities, which may be representative, but not all inclusive of those commonly, associated with this position:
- Deal with problem solving several variables in standardized situations and include the appropriate individuals in the decision making process
- Ability to comprehend and apply common sense to carry out instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standard situations.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides all units of measure.
Apply for this position
Tell us about yourself and upload your resume to apply for this position. Thank you for your interest in joining team HOLT!