The Inside Sales rep is primarily responsible for interacting with customers to process orders and inquiries. This includes quoting product prices, providing delivery specifications and payment terms, and by offering substitute products where applicable. This role may be assigned to one or more Outside Sales Representatives, providing sales support and customer service for specific customers.
- Processes telephone orders by quoting products, prices, delivery specifications and payment terms and by offering substitute products where appropriate.
- Assists outside sales personnel by processing priority transactions.
- Increases business by selling to customers in addition to taking orders.
- Gathers marketing information regarding customers, competitors and pricing as well as implements sales strategies set forth by senior management.
- Establishes and maintains customer relationships, communications with customers and co-workers to provide technical information.
- Participates in training opportunities to enhance and maintain personal and product knowledge.
- Gains familiarity with the day-to-day operations of the business and participates in improving operations by offering potential alternatives to existing methods.
- Performs project management on job quotes and open orders.
- Provides follow-up for customer quotes and lost sales.
- Exhibit a positive, friendly and helpful attitude with customers and to be sensitive to their needs.
- Consider all aspects of selling including: vendor relationships, profit and loss concepts, long and short term goals of the company.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Communicate effectively with customers and employees.
- Assess & respond to customer needs.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations required to accurately complete assigned tasks (i.e. margins)
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Use sound judgment, listening and problem-solving skills to analyze customer
- problems and to recommend the proper course of action.
- Product and application knowledge are essential.
- PC proficiency for data entry and utilization of Microsoft Office applications.
- High school diploma with a minimum of two (2) years related experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this position
Tell us about yourself and upload your resume to apply for this position. Thank you for your interest in joining team HOLT!