Are you a methodical, team-oriented problem solver? Do you enjoy following instructions and producing polished work? Does a routine workday help you stay focused? Do you prefer working in an uninterrupted, harmonious environment? Are you known for making sure tasks are finished to perfection?
If these statements describe you, we invite you to apply to the Driver/Warehouse position!
HOLT Electrical Supply is a full-line electrical distributor with 7 locations in the St. Louis metro area and beyond. We’re a family-owned company focused on helping our community and our employees grow.
As a Driver/Warehouse Associate, you will deliver merchandise using professionalism and great communication, while exercising safety and time management. You will provide professional services with product knowledge, problem solving, and order enhancement. Under general supervision and in accordance with established procedures, the Driver/Warehouse Associate is expected to have a professional appearance and knowledge of the materials delivered to the customer.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise to be delivered is pulled from inventory and packaged in the delivery truck properly for shipment.
- Verify delivery route and various stops on a daily basis with management.
- Deliver merchandise to customers using route based on efficient use of time, gasoline, and customer priority.
- Assist in unloading truck at each stop on route.
- Verify that merchandise being unloaded is correct and accounted for via shipping documents.
- Perform daily detailed inspection of truck to ensure general maintenance and safety of vehicle. Notifies supervisor of all problems.
- Deliver truck for maintenance such as oil change, lube job, tire repair and waits for vehicle if requested by warehouse manager.
- Clean vehicle’s exterior and interior at least once a month.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of error reports for over/under customer shipments.
- Maintain a daily fuel and oil use log using prescribed forms and procedures.
- Verify strict adherence to company and governmental safety policies related to licensing and operation of vehicles.
- Assist in any and all warehouse duties on an as-needed basis.
- Be able to identify product by size, type, style, color or product code.
- Solid reading skills – must be able to read orders/match orders on shipping tickets to items picked.
- Basic reasoning skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills: oral and written
- Ability to understand and execute instructions.
- General understanding of the warehouse.
- Ability to manage time and work independently as well as a team environment
- Operate inventory control equipment, i.e., bar-coding equipment, handheld devices.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Warehouse and Distribution
- Valid driver’s license with approved motor vehicle report (CDL not required)
- Forklift certification
- Able to move/lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Ability to drive a 24’ truck
- Able to withstand temperatures in a typical warehouse environment
- Repetitive standing, frequent lifting, walking, bending, sitting, reaching, pushing, grasping, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, climbing, reaching above, pushing/pulling, talking, and active listening
- Position may require climbing of ladders for top-level selection
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Apply for this position
Tell us about yourself and upload your resume to apply for this position. Thank you for your interest in joining team HOLT!