Are you a methodical, team-oriented problem solver? Do you enjoy following instructions and producing polished work? Does a routine workday help you stay focused? Do you prefer working in an uninterrupted, harmonious environment? Are you known for making sure tasks are finished to perfection? If these statements describe you, we invite you to apply to the Counter Sales position!
HOLT Electrical Supply is a full-line electrical distributor with 7 locations in the St. Louis metro area and beyond. We’re a family-owned company focused on helping our community and our employees grow.
As a Counter Sales associate, you will handle all sales functions in a professional manner for counter customers by providing prompt and efficient service to achieve maximum sales and customer satisfaction.
- Work on continuous ongoing projects in development of the department and cross training
- Exhibit a positive, friendly & helpful attitude with customers and be sensitive to their needs.
- Determine merchandise required by customer and suggest alternative and/or additional items related to the customer’s order.
- Create sales orders using Eclipse.
- Select appropriate merchandise from stock and ensure customers’ order is correct.
- Receive payment and/or obtain credit information.
- Properly prepare merchandise for customer transportation.
- Maintain counter area displays of merchandise in an orderly and attractive manner keeping shelves stocked.
- Backup Inside Sales desk and Inside Sales teams.
- Assist and resolve customer complaints in a positive and timely manner.
- Keep abreast of new product information and upcoming product promotions.
- Any additional tasks as assigned by the Manager.
- High customer service and communication skills.
- Product and application knowledge, including ability to read manufacturer catalogs, websites, and specification sheets.
- PC / proprietary proficiency for data entry and utilization of business application software including web browsers & internet search engines.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations required to accurately complete assigned tasks (discounts vs. markup, customer pricing, etc.).
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent
- combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one-year experience in Electrical Distribution.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions in English.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Physical demands of the job
- State/local requirements
Apply for this position
Tell us about yourself and upload your resume to apply for this position. Thank you for your interest in joining team HOLT!