Handles all sales functions in a professional manner for counter customers by providing prompt and efficient service to achieve maximum sales and customer satisfaction.
Includes continuous ongoing projects in the development of the department and cross training, as well as the following:
- Exhibit a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude with customers and be sensitive to their needs.
- Determine merchandise required by customer and suggest alternative and/or additional items related to the customer’s order.
- Create sales orders.
- Select appropriate meerchandise from stock.
- Receive payments and obtain credit card information.
- Maintain counter area displays of merchandise in an orderly and attractive manner
- Assist with resolving customer complaints.
- Stay educated about new product information and upcoming product promotions.
- Perform any addition tasks as assigned by the Branch Manager.
- Essential customer service and communication skills
- Product and application knowledge, including ability to read manufacturer catalogs
- PC/proprietary proficiency for data entry and utilization of business application software, including web browsers and search engines
- Perform basic math calculations required to accurately complete assigned tasks (discounts vs. markup, customer pricing, etc.)
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in electrical distribution (preferred)
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write simple instructions in English
- Ability to speak and understand English
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this position
Tell us about yourself and upload your resume to apply for this position. Thank you for your interest in joining team HOLT!