Accounts Payable / Receivable
Are you a methodical, team-oriented problem solver? Do you enjoy following instructions and producing polished work? Does a routine workday help you stay focused? Do you prefer working in an uninterrupted, harmonious environment? Are you known for making sure tasks are finished to perfection?" If these statements describe you, we invite you to apply to the Accounts Payable/ Receivable position! HOLT Electrical Supply is a full-line electrical distributor with 7 locations in the St. Louis metro area and beyond. We’re a family-owned company focused on helping our community and our employees grow.
If these statements describe you, we invite you to apply for the Accounts Payable/Receivable position and complete a Culture Index survey at Culture Index!
- Answers incoming calls in a professional manner and transfers them to the appropriate party
- Enters return and/or re-bill sales orders to correct previous errors or discrepancies.
- File accounts payable checks
- Issue monthly customer statements
- Update customer files with issued invoices – Process credit memos
- Update the customer master file with contact information
- Daily invoices, sending out invoices to customers, and billing invoices to customers from all locations.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding account balances.
- Process and reconciles cash sales at the end of each day and investigates overages/shortages.
- Invoice Reporting using Microsoft Excel.
- Applying check payments and processes cash/credit card transactions
- Process direct billing
- Vendor invoice entry
- Scan and attach manifest
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Monitor invoice queue
- Issue tax credits to customers
- Update customer files with tax certificate
- Strong math skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Highly organized and thorough
- Cash Handling
- Accuracy with Details
- Timely & Concise Record Keeping
- Strong Communication (written and verbal)
- Upholds Confidentiality
- Unafraid to Ask for Help
- Highly Responsive
- Ability to excel under pressure
- Positive Attitude
- High School diploma or equivalent, with secondary or post-secondary coursework concentrated in accounting/bookkeeping, or equivalent on the job experience as determined by the company.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in general office work.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal formats
- Proven proficiency in data entry and 10-key pad.
- Proven proficiency in general personal computer application, as well as in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Apply for this position
Tell us about yourself and upload your resume to apply for this position. Thank you for your interest in joining team HOLT!