Are you a methodical, team-oriented problem solver? Do you enjoy following instructions and producing polished work? Does a routine workday help you stay focused? Do you prefer working in an uninterrupted, harmonious environment? Are you known for making sure tasks are finished to perfection?
If these statements describe you, we invite you to apply for the Account Manager position and complete a Culture Index survey at Culture Index!
HOLT Electrical Supply is a full-line electrical distributor with 7 locations in the St. Louis metro area and beyond. We are a family-owned company focused on helping our community and our employees grow.
HOLT is looking for Account Managers who can create long-term, trusting relationships with our customers. The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new sales opportunities. We are seeking high achievers who can hold themselves accountable, own their accounts, and consistently add value to the team. To do this, you will need to become extremely familiar with electrical products, stay current with industry standards and news, understand how to read prints, become resourceful where you have weaknesses, HELP them WIN jobs.
‘Average’ is for our competition, not for HOLT Account Managers. The expectation is WE set the bar at our accounts and make our competitors jobs harder, not ours.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Consistently grow previous year’s sales
- Negotiate SPA’s, CSP’s, Blanket pricing
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly/yearly initiatives to internal team
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with internal teams (Inside sales, Quotations, Operations) to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Serve as the point person in assisting with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Consistent continuing education is a must
- Generate profitable sales orders
- Assists clients with takeoffs, project layout/design and pricing
- Develop strong relationships with our manufacturer and rep partners
- Keep your accounts in good standing and avoid credit issues
- Manage your accounts returns in a timely manner
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, or relevant role
- Demonstrate ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-Level
- Solid experience with CRM software
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales, or relevant field
- A valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record
Apply for this position
Tell us about yourself and upload your resume to apply for this position. Thank you for your interest in joining team HOLT!